Updated: March 19th
In the time like this, we need to remind ourselves that we don’t have to fear as the book of Isaiah 41:10. Our God is with us, will strengthen us, and will help us. With that said, we will use God-given wisdom and the direction from government officials to uphold safety and comfort for worship like following things. Please note that we are having service differently due to the closure of Formosan Presbyterian Church.
- Putting out additional hand sanitizer bottles and alcohol clean wipes in the foyer. bathrooms have antibacterial soap. Please feel free to use them.
- Keeping doors open and leaving fans on for a good air ventilation during our gatherings.
- Additional to regular cleaning, we are sanitizing frequently touched areas such as door knobs between AM & PM services.
- The lunch will not be provided.
- For people avoiding the risk of touching cash, we have online giving option. churchtrac.com/donate.php?key=acct_1AbXb1GIjczL5B2V#?
- Limiting activities such as a Bible Study group that may cause close contacts. (this includes pre-service activities in the education building.)
- Limiting the crowd density and the maximum number of attendees
- Placing CDC information to remind about the prevention throughout the facility.
- Providing the information to promote the prevention on our website. iccofhouston.com/preventingcovid19e/
To help out, we are asking the congregations on following points.
- Please pray
- When, attending please follow this CDC guideline. CLICK
- Please replace handshakes and hugs by greeting with waving and bowing, etc.
- Please put ample distance between each other.
- Please note that we would not have a children’s program. The cry room is available for parents to participate the service.
- Activities at the educational building will also be canceled. (including pre-service prayer & bible study)
- We will continue to gather on Sundays (11:45 am & 1:30pm). Please do not feel obligated to attend and carefully consider about your health and condition as you attend.
- Please note that the US government is to limit interactions with others including crowds for 14 days after returning from travel. CLICK here for more info
- Please note that if you have contacted patients with COVID-19, or ones with close contacts with patients, the US government is requesting to limit social interactions with others including crowds for 14 days. CLICK here for more info
- If you are not feeling well, have a fever or experiencing symptoms, the US government has asked you to stay home and contact a health provider.
- The US government has released the list of high-risk illness people who should avoid the crowd. CLICK here for more info
If it’s your best option, please do not hesitate to stay home and to join us by a live stream or a video. ICCofHouston.com/media/
In conclusion, we’d like to remind you, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7. It is my pleasure to serve as your pastor. We want to help you. If there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to email at h.nishi@ICCofHouston.com or call me at 409.673.1007.
Please note that this is our current preventive guidelines. Please note that this will be updated flexibly based on changes in the circumstance. You will always see the updated info here as well as our facebook page. Praying for Christ’s peace and His protection.